Monday, December 10, 2018

My Very 1st Link-up


Happy Monday! I'm so excited for my very 1st Link-up! I'm linking up this morning with Biana, the lovely lady behind Bloved Boston. I've been reading her blog for years and it's truly a favorite. Blogging always looked like so much fun and such a beautiful community of women, I finally gained the moxie to start my own and join in!

This weekend I was such a busy bee packing for our upcoming trip (we're headed to Norway and Sweden this week to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary a little early-travel posts to come!), I didn't even leave the house! So I thought I'd share happenings from the previous weekend:

On Sunday my parents and I visited my grandma at her senior community for their annual Holiday Family Gathering (I couldn't help but giggle at the fact that I was at a real-life Shady Pines fête). It was a lovely, festive luncheon with a live band playing Christmas music. My brother and his girlfriend met us there too. (Sadly my husband David couldn’t make it, he was in Maine visiting his family.)
                        

Afterwards we went back to my grandma’s apartment and helped her put up her Christmas tree. She has the most exquisite hand-sewn felt ornaments that she’s had for over 60 years. They always bring me instantly back to Christmases as a child and it was such a fun afternoon spent with family. 
                                               
                   
                   
It was very causal but I still wanted to look festive. I thought I’d share my outfit to show how I love mixing high-low. My personal philosophy is to to save on clothes and invest in accessories that will last me a lifetime. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to look fabulous! 
                                                      
OOTD-Jeans-Kmart/Sweater-Old Navy/Vest-Walmart/Boots-Payless/Bag-Louis Vuitton/Bear Bag Charm-Burberry/Earrings-Lisi Lerch/Ring-Coach

                           


Do you have a favorite Christmas ornament that holds a special memory? What’s your go-to clothing brand when you’re looking for a bargain? Comment down below, I’d love to hear from you! 

Thanks for reading, hope you have a fabulous week!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging and I'm thrilled that you linked up for your first Monday!! Your anniversary trip sounds like it's going to be incredible. I love that photo of you and your grandmother - so sweet! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete