Friday, February 08, 2019

NYC Broadway Week Feb 2019 ~ Wicked

Happy Friday! 

Every year I feel like I remember NYC's Broadway week after it already happened. This year I had the ticket sale marked on my calendar and was ready to purchase tickets that morning. 

If you live in the area or plan on visiting NYC, Broadway Week is a semiannual event (generally in the beginning of February and again in September) where tickets to select shows are offered at 2-for-1. Broadway shows are not inexpensive so anytime there's a discount I try and jump on the offer. For 2019 they offered deals on 23 shows, everything from Phantom of the Opera to Aladdin. This year it runs through February 10th so if you're interested there's still a few days to catch a show!



My husband David and I chose to see Wicked and it was absolutely breathtaking. The raw talent of the entire cast as well as the costumes and score were top notch. I know they are now in their 15th year, so I'm a little late to the game, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and would see it again in a heartbeat. 

Wicked is currently playing at the Gershwin Theater which is really nice because it has more modern amenities such as a parking garage right next to the main entrance, escalators, an elevator, lots of bathrooms, handrails on the staircases, as well as big comfy seats. For $49 a ticket we sat up in the balcony and from looking around I don't think there's a bad view in the place.


Our view from the back of the balcony



Date night with my hubby!

My OOTN-
Kept it casual because it was cold and rainy. Usual suspects of Kmart jeans, Walmart vest, J Jill sweater, Converse, Tiffany & Co heart necklace, Fauré Le Page clutch bag.

PS-My new short haircut!


It was such a fun night and I can't wait to see another show on Broadway. Moulin Rouge opens in NYC in July and I hope I can get my hands on some tickets.

Have you seen any musicals lately that I should check out? Let me know down below, I'd love to hear from you. 

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment