Monday, April 01, 2019

Williams-Sonoma Mr Jiu's Chinatown USA Cooking Class

It's April Fools' Day! Did you pull a good prank on anyone? Hope no one fooled you too badly! :)




Anywho, a few Sunday’s ago my husband David and I attended the Chinatown USA pop up cooking class at our local Williams-Sonoma. 





Mr Jiu’s is a famous San Francisco Chinatown restaurant, opened by Brandon Jew in 2016. What makes it so unique is Jew’s ability to combine California fresh ingredients and a lightness to his cuisine paired by Chinese traditions learned from his grandmother. 

His new collaboration with Williams-Sonoma brings all the freshness and authentic Chinese flavors to an array of finishing sauces. For the class we recreated recipes with 2 of his sauces, the Sweet and Sour Wok Sauce as well as the Ginger Scallion Wok Sauce. Both were incredibly tasty and not too overpowering or sweet and are full of high quality, all natural ingredients. We were also gifted with a wok to take home so we can try the recipes out ourselves!

Chef Lauren made for us the Vegetables with Ginger Scallion sauce over rice, as well as the Sweet and Sour chicken. I love that she added broccoli to the chicken dish so it can truly be a one pan (rather one wok) dish for a quick weeknight meal. 







We always enjoy these classes, I feel like I walk away with great new recipes as well as little tips and tricks from a professional that I can use in my own kitchen. (I was fascinated to learn that the easiest way to clean a cast iron skillet is to use a cut potato, kosher salt, and some olive oil!)

It’s also nice that Williams-Sonoma offers a punch card for their classes (I actually used one of mine to make this class free) as well as a 15% discount for anything you purchase during the class. 

It was a wonderfully cozy way to spend a Sunday afternoon with my hubby and I cannot wait to try another class again soon. 



Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment