Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year & Weekend in DC Recap



I can't believe it's NYE and last day of 2018! We’re staying in tonight and having a traditional Swiss fondue and I'm looking forward to it very much. I’m excited to stay in so we can snuggle up watching all the New Years TV while sipping some Asti-the only time of year I drink it, such a special treat!







Without further ado I want to recap a trip we took a little while back:

Every year the 4 of us (my parents, my husband David, and I) plan a pre-holiday trip together. It kicks off the holiday season for us and it’s something I look forward to every year. Last year we went to Chicago and had an absolute blast. This year we decided to drive down to Washington DC in early November. 
We dropped my 3 dogs off at the kennel (or “camp” as we like to refer to it as) on our way down, grabbed a quick bite at the Jersey shore, and we were on our way.

We stayed at the charming Madison Hotel, which was recently acquired by Hilton. Its the best of both worlds having old-world charm, but also incredibly clean with the always amazing Hilton breakfast. It was also very centrally located to everything we wanted to see/do while in town. 

The first morning we were there we drove around the city taking pictures of all the national monuments. It was a clear, sunny brisk day and it was so much fun cruising around looking at all the stunning architecture.  
                        
                                        
                         
                                              
                                         

While we were there we also visited Arlington National Cemetery to visit the graves of David’s paternal grandparents and uncle. I don’t have the exact words to describe how beautiful yet somber Arlington is. I felt so fortunate to be able to visit during our stay. 
                                       

After that we went to see Beetlejuice the Musical. It. Was. Incredible. It was in previews in DC before heading to Broadway in April. We enjoyed it so much (it was a little risqué, yet incredibly funny) that I can’t wait to see it again when it comes to NYC. 
                                        
                                   
                                     

We tried rpm Italian for our fancy night out and I was a little underwhelmed to be honest. I guess because David ate at the Chicago location a few months ago and raved about it. I had to send my spaghetti back twice for being raw and the service was not very attentive. We still enjoyed ourselves and had good conversation and excellent cocktails. 

All in all it was a wonderful whirlwind weekend with my favorite people. Nothing beats a good road trip!
                               

Where’s your favorite road trip destination? Any fun plans tonight? Comment down below, I’d love to hear from you.

Wishing everyone a fabulous week and a healthy, happy and blessed 2019!!! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment