Friday, December 28, 2018

Nail Polish Picks~Dec 2018

I LOVE painting my nails. Give me all the colors, glitters, textures. I love both drug store and high end designer nail polishes alike. I enjoy changing the color based on my mood or outfit or holiday, and although I don’t have the biggest collection, I wanted to share 2 colors I’m loving lately for the winter season. They are also both based off of holiday movies. I've also included a few other picks I’ve been loving. 
                                   
                    




Grinch Collection “Lukewarm Wishes” from China Glaze
                      
Straight from Whoville, this is what I am currently rocking on my nails. It’s a subtle shimmery white, but it has the coolest blue micro glitter in it. When your nails hit the light in certain angles it turns from a pretty snowflake white color to a baby blue glow. Simple yet stunning and nearly impossible to mess up painting yourself. Also with a shade this light, chips aren’t very noticeable. 



OPI Nutcracker and the Four Realms Collection in “Berry Fairy Fun”
                         
Did you see the Nutcracker? I was absolutely enthralled by Kiera Knightley’s portrayal of Sugar Plum. Her cotton candy hair! Her pink eyebrows! Her fabulous sparkly dress! I thought she was stunning, that must’ve been such a fun character to play. In celebration of the movie OPI did a whole Nutcracker collection. My favorite of them is Berry Fairy Fun. OPI describes it as “A gorgeous purple that you will like berry, berry much. This ethereal shade adds a touch of holiday magic to any look.” I like that it is something different from the classic holiday red, yet still has the sparkle and shine that is so fun for the holidays. I'm planning on switching to this for NYE.


I also wanted to mention that I have tried TONS of base and top coats. I am always looking for the newest best way to get a few extra days without chipping nails. With 3 dogs and cooking and general housekeeping I generally can get 4-5 days max out of a manicure. My favorite base and topcoat lately are INM Clear Bond Base Coat and Out the Door quick drying top coat. The best I’ve found so far.


Finally, for the driest winter cuticles I swear by Dior Crème Abricot Nail Cream. I like keeping it in my nightstand and applying before bed. It was created in 1963 so it’s an oldie but a goodie. It strengthens nails and encourages them to grow along with conditioning cuticles. It’s expensive, but one container will last you forever.


Any nail polish colors you’ve been loving? Any base/top coats I should check out? Leave them down below, I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment