Friday, December 21, 2018

Henri Bendel’s Final Holiday Party

Here's a look back at a fun store event I attended recently:

Henri Bendel is my very favorite store. I love the girly, whimsical styles and the iconic brown & white striped boxes. Many people don’t realize all the contributions Henri Bendel made to the world of fashion. Did you know he was the first fashion retailer to have a 5th Avenue address? He was also the first to host a fashion show, the first to create his own fragrance, and he also introduced the fabulous Coco Chanel to America!

                      

Sadly, the store is closing its doors in January 2019. I received an invite in the mail to attend the last holiday party and I wouldn’t have missed it.
I met David in the city and we headed to 5th Ave. The store was decked out in festive decor, there was champagne, a DJ, and they had special promotions. They also had complimentary monogramming and an illustrator onsite to personalize gifts. I didn’t wind up buying anything but I had a lovely time walking around and taking it all in. 

We stopped at my favorite restaurant L’express, a 24-hour French diner, on our way home. I had a lovely glass of pink champagne and some mussels. It was a fun night that certainly got me in the holiday spirit.
                         
As for my outfit, I wore a grey sweatshirt with ruffled detail and my red and green Gucci sneakers with a super warm red puffer vest. I wanted to look festive but also knew I’d be walking quite a few city blocks in the cold. 
                       
Sweatshirt-Rachel Roy for Macy’s/Jeans-Kmart/Vest-Walmart/Sneakers-Gucci/Bag-Louis Vuitton/Bear Bag Charm-Burberry/Bangle Bracelets-Lane Bryant


I’ve also been loving these sunglasses. They are way over the top but I think they’re so festive and for $6 it’s ok to wear them only one month a year. I think they look similar to some Miu Miu designs I’ve seen in the past for much less.
                      
Have you attended any fun holiday parties this year? Let me know down below, I’d love to hear from you! 

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment