Monday, September 16, 2019

🍎 Fall Fun~Apple Picking


Hi everyone! Today I want to share a quick recap of a beautiful fall afternoon I spent apple picking with my family.

We visited Phillips Farm in Milford, NJ, which we have been frequenting for fresh produce for over a decade. I love that they prefer organic when possible pesticides and have a wide variety of fruits and veggies you can pick yourself. Phillips is a family run, real working farm. To date, Phillips also participates in over 13 weekly farmers markets, as well as provides a plethora of produce to NYC restaurants. 

On this particular day we picked both Gala and Honey Crisp apples, red raspberries, Asian pears, and peaches. We purchased some Jersey tomatoes and red onions from the farm stand too. We also tried their homemade apple slushes and they were refreshing and delicious! 





If you’re in the area I highly recommend giving Phillips Farm a try. It’s so fun to get out in nature and play farmer for a bit. Give their hotline a call at (908)-955-0022 to see what’s available for picking each day, and don’t forget that they are closed for pick-your-own every Tuesday and Wednesday.

All in all it was a lovely afternoon spent with family out in the crisp autumn air. It’s one of my favorite fall traditions, and I’m already dreaming up lots of fun apple recipes-we came home with 24 pounds worth after all, hehe.



Do you go apple picking where you live? Do you have a favorite apple recipe you'd care to share? Let me know down below, I love hearing from you. 

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment