Friday, January 24, 2020

🥗 Good Seasons Copycat Recipe



I love love love Good Seasons Italian Mix and use it for oodles of things. Aside from the obvious salad dressing, I love using it for dips and marinades as well.

The tiny little packets come a few to a box and are not inexpensive. I played around with several different copycat recipes and concocted one of my own. Purchasing the bottles of spices for this recipe (although the majority of them are staples in my home) cost a fraction of the packets.

I place all the ingredients in a mason jar, shake it up, and keep it stored in my spice cabinet. Whenever I need I take 2 tbsp at a time. Voila! Such an inexpensive way to spice things up, pun intended. ;-)



Ingredients~
  • 5 tbsp garlic powder
  • 5 tbsp onion powder
  • 10 tbsp oregano
  • 6 tbsp salt
  • 4 tsp pepper
  • 4 tbs parsley
  • 6 tbsp sugar
  • 1 ¼ tsp thyme
  • 1 tsp celery seed
  • 5 tsp basil

Method~
Place all ingredients in a jar. Shake to combine. Enjoy!!

To make salad dressing-Mix 2 tbsp spice mix with 1/4 c vinegar of choice, 2/3 c oil of choice, and 2 tbsp water.

PS-This makes a TON~approximately 20-2 Tbsp uses.

Do you have a favorite copycat recipe you’d like to share? Let me know down below, I love hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

2 comments: