Monday, February 24, 2020

🍌 Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Hi there and thanks for stopping by! Today's post is short and sweet (get it? Lol). I have a super simple and delicious banana cake recipe and I'm almost certain you have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now. It's not exactly healthy but with Fat Tuesday tomorrow I figured it's very appropriate. Sarah from Sassy Red Lipstick shared this recipe lately and I'm so glad she did. The only changes I made is subbing real butter for margarine, using an 8x8" pan, and topping the cake with chopped walnuts. Let's get baking!

Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting~

Ingredients~
1/2 c butter
1 1/2 c sugar
2-3 over ripe bananas
1/2 c milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
2 c flour

Method~
Beat together butter and sugar. Add bananas, milk, and lemon juice. Add baking soda and flour. Pour into a greased 13" x 9" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. 

When cool, frost with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting~

Ingredients~
3 oz cream cheese
1/4 c butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 c powdered sugar

Method~
Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla, then gradually add sugar until smooth. 



Enjoy!

Do you have a favorite cake recipe that you'd care to share? Let me know down below, I love hearing from you. 

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment