Friday, February 21, 2020

🥣 Crock Pot "Corny" Chili


This is one of my go-to dinners when I’m a busy bee. Throw everything in the crock pot in the morning and you’re all set! Set up a toppings bar and you have a one-pot dinner.

I love using turkey as a leaner protein choice, but ground beef works perfect too. The addition of corn gives it a Tex-Mex vibe. For garnishes I set up a little bar with chopped onions, shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips (you could also make chili Mac and serve over some pasta). Time to get crockin'!

Ingredients~

1 tbsp cooking oil of choice (I use canola)
1 medium onion, diced
2 ribs celery, trimmed and diced
1.5 lb ground turkey
1 can diced tomatoes, not drained
2 cans beans if your choice (I used black and northern white beans), drained and rinsed
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 c frozen corn kernels
1/4 c chili powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
Generous pinch brown sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste

Method~

-Sauté onions and celery in oil until tender.
-Add ground turkey and break apart, cook until no longer pink
-Move turkey mixture to crock pot and add remaining ingredients.
-Set on low for 4 hours. Taste for seasoning before serving.
-Enjoy!

Do you have any go-to busy night recipes? Let me know down below, I love hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment