Friday, May 01, 2020

😃 4 On Friday

Hi there, Happy Friday, and "Rabbit Rabbit"! As we begin yet another week of self isolation, I thought I'd share a few things I've been up to:

Belgravia on Epix-
I'm only a few episodes in as it's a new show, but it's my current TV obsession. I never thought I'd find another show as well written and as beautifully shot as Downton Abbey, but I can't get enough! Belgravia is another gem written by Julian Fellowes, and has a bit of the same upstairs-downstairs 19th century drama and scandal of Downton Abbey. If you're looking for a new show to watch, I can't recommend it enough!




Fashion Shows-
I've been having so much fun catching up on fashion shows from the comfort of my couch. (and it gives me my designer fix without spending a penny!) I am completely smitten with Chanel's Métiers d’Art 2020 collection. Virginie Viard did both Karl Largerfeld and Coco Chanel proud with one of the most stunning collections I've seen in a long time. While the show took place at the Grand Palais in Paris, Viard took inspiration from Coco Chanel's apartment at 31 rue Cambon, down to the mirrored staircase that Coco used to use to showcase her own designs. The collection is full of ladylike and structured pieces in neutral tones, such as black, beige, and gold. I even spied with my little eyes a pair of gorgeous earrings that look like miniature perfume bottles. Très magnifique!



Moi, standing on Coco Chanel's staircase in Nov 2019!

Face Coverings-
Since face coverings in public spaces in NJ is now legally mandatory, we've been on the hunt for some good options. For the upcoming warmer summer weather, my brother gifted the 4 of us these face masks. They'll be perfect for running errands in the heat, they're stretchy and breathable, machine washable, and can be worn multiple ways. This might not be what I had in mind for spring/summer fashion, but they're very practical and necessary! (Here's a similar one, under $10.)



Savory Granola-
I am so intrigued with the idea of a savory granola to spice up my salads, I don't know why I've never thought of it before! I've been perusing a bunch of recipes online to make my own version based on what we currently have in our pantry, and I'll report back on how it goes.


Well that's all for now! What's new in your neck of the woods? What have you been up to to keep busy during these crazy times? Let me know down below, I love hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Savory granola! Sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We’ll have to try it one day for salads. Xo

      Delete