Monday, January 04, 2021

๐Ÿ‘œ Handbag Review~Goyard St Louis GM Tote


Hi there and thanks for stopping by! On my last trip to Paris I visited the Goyard boutique inside the Printemps department store and picked up a new handbag. Now that I've been using it for a while, here’s a little review on the newest addition to my handbag collection!


Originally a beach bag for well-to-do Parisians, the Goyard St Louis tote (mine is the largest GM size, but the bag comes in 3 sizes) is linen lined with a detachable pouch that is perfect for valuables or running into a store for errands. The bag is foldable and has a floppy, unstructured shape to it. The handles are made of high quality thick leather and it’s the most perfect bag for toting things around town. The exterior is printed coated canvas and is perfect for all seasons. My bag is quite large and measures 22.25” x 13.25” x 7.25”. It is one giant open compartment without any side pockets or closures, which may be a negative for some but I love the easy access to my things. 

I am absolutely in love with my new bag and it’s the most perfect souvenir from Paris. Here’s some interesting facts on the house of Goyard:

~The brand doesn’t advertise or post all available items on their website, making their goods more elusive.

~Goyard doesn’t speak to media or throw press parties or fashion shows. Their popularity has solely relied on word of mouth.

~Started it 1853, they are the oldest leather goods company still in business, older than Louis Vuitton by one year!

~Goyard started as a crating company called "Maison Martin" where wealthy Parisians would go to have their belongings packed for overseas travel.

~The iconic print is a nod to the family’s history as log drivers.

~If you have an imagination and a pretty large bank account you can order ANYTHING custom. Once a customer asked for a trunk to be made to specifically hold their gardening tools, costing a cool $15,000!

~My idol, Coco Chanel, had a custom Goyard wardrobe trunk complete with her initials "C.C" hand painted on the front.

So that's a little bit about my new bag and about the brand itself. Goyard is so rich in history and while their goods are pricey, they're extremely well made. David and I have had nothing but exceptional service anytime we've visited one of their locations, and I would absolutely recommend stopping in next time you're near a boutique. As the French would say they're trรจs magnifique!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment