Monday, July 13, 2020

💄 Walmart Beauty Box Review~Summer 2020

Hi there and thanks for stopping by! With so many beauty subscriptions out there to choose from, I must suggest Walmart Beauty Box as an excellent option. 

The box is quarterly, not monthly, which I love because they’re seasonally themed and I don’t end up with more products than I can enjoy. Each box is custom tailored to you. There's a quiz when you sign up asking basic questions such as your skin tone, any skin problems, hair texture, etc. I also like that the box is free, the only charge is $5 for shipping. At $20 a year the contents are a bargain.

This season’s theme is "self-care" and it couldn't come at a more perfect time. There were some hits and some misses for me, but I'll do a quick run through of all the goodies I received this season:


Dove Dry Conditioner-$4.88
This is a repeat from the spring 2020 box. I don't really care for dry shampoo, and this left my hair weighed down and slightly sticky. Not my favorite, but this would be perfect to freshen up after a workout since it smells divine, or to tame frizzy ends.

Hello Charcoal Whitening Toothpaste & Charcoal Infused Toothbrush-$4.82/$3.96
I LOVE this toothpaste! I am totally on board with the charcoal trend, it leaves my teeth feeling squeaky clean. I haven’t tried the toothbrush yet but figure it’s perfect to replace my old toothbrush in my travel toiletry kit (if I ever leave the house again, haha).

NYX #thisiseverything Lip Oil in lavender-$5.97
I currently have this sitting on my nightstand and I’ve been using it several times a day and overnight. The lavender color disappears on your lips instantly and is moisturizing while not being too thick or slimy. It has a faint cherry vanilla scent and would be awesome as a hydrating base for lipstick.

Biore Rose Quartz Daily Purifying Cleanser-$6.47
I already have a rose quartz facial roller that I’m in love with, so I was excited to see it being used in a face wash. Rose quartz has been known for centuries for its healing powers, and as a stone that radiates love. I also I like that this face wash has charcoal in it, it left me with a deep clean without my skin feeling tight or dry.

In full transparency, I didn’t try the magnesium supplement ($9.96). I like to do a lot of research on supplements and really like my regimen right now as is. I have heard some really great things about magnesium being used for nerve function, blood pressure, and even as a natural migraine treatment. However, too much magnesium can cause digestive problems and even irregular heartbeat. Always make sure to consult with your doctor before switching things up.

All in all it's a super deal (this box had a value of approximately $18) and I love seeing what surprises are included each quarter. If you're thinking about signing up I highly recommend it as one of the best beauty subscriptions I've ever tried. I can't wait to see what's in the fall box!

Do you have a favorite beauty subscription? Let me know down below, I love hearing from you.

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment