Friday, March 08, 2019

Walmart Beauty Box ~ Hydration Heroes

With so many beauty subscriptions out there to choose from, I must suggest Walmart Beauty Box as an excellent option. 

The box is quarterly, not monthly, which I love because they’re seasonally themed and I don’t end up with more products than I can enjoy. Each box is tailored to you since there's a quiz when you sign up asking basic questions such as your skin tone, any skin problems, hair texture, etc. I also like that the box is free, the only charge is $5 for shipping. At $20 a year the contents are a bargain. 




This current box is my 4th, so I have been enjoying it for one year now. It is an excellent value in my opinion, and I thought I could share what comes in each box and do a quick review. 

The theme for Winter 2019 is Hydration Heroes. The samples came packed in an adorable pewter metallic cosmetic case! This was such a nice surprise and I plan on using the case for all my sunscreen.




Here is a quick rundown of the rest of the contents:




Curél Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer-
I’m new to the concept moisturizing wet skin, but it makes so much sense. Doing so locks in the moisture even better, it absorbs quicker, and doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy. 

Olay Daily Facials with Grape seed extract-
I’ve only ever used pre moistened cleansing cloths but now I’m hooked. These wipes serve 5 purposes, they cleanse, tone, hydrate, exfoliate, and remove makeup all in one. They don’t leave any residue behind and they leave my skin feeling deeply clean, which I can’t say for the wet kind of facial cloths. 

Garnier Fructis Damage Repairing Papaya Hair Mask-
Coming in at under $3 for a small tub, this stuff is such bang for your buck. It smells heavenly, and is derived from 98% natural ingredients. I love that it has 3 different uses, as a mask, a conditioner, or a leave in treatment depending on how long you leave it it. It’s very light and leaves my hair silky and shiny. 

Garnier Skin Acitve 3-in-1 Face Moisturizer with Rose Water-
Next to the sheet mask, this was my favorite thing from this box. Similar to the hair mask it serves 3 purposes-as a moisturizer, a leave on mask, and a rinse-off mask. I would apply a thin layer after washing my face in the morning and it made such a smooth base for my makeup. It left my skin slightly dewy but not sticky and it’s not heavy at all. It also smells really nicely of roses, very lightly and not overpowering. This is just under $10 for a full size and I can honestly say I thought it was much more effective than many more expensive moisturizers I’ve tried. 

Cetaphil Eye Gel-Cream-
This is a pretty cool product and I had no idea Cetaphil even made eye creams. It’s a hybrid between a gel and a cream so it’s very light while deeply moisturizing. It’s full of hyaluronic acid and a vitamin complex, while also being non-irritating and hypoallergenic. I felt it made my under eye area look smoother and brighter. This was another product I applied in the morning and I felt it helped my makeup apply better. 

🦄 Soo’Ae Unicorn Glow Hologram Mask-
This is a brightening mask that is 2-sided. The outside is the most fabulous metallic holographic foil and the inside is a black charcoal which helps to detox and purify the skin. Aside from being fun and smelling nice, this mask was extremely effective at brightening my skin. This was definitely the best and most exciting product in my opinion. Who doesn’t love unicorns? ;-)

All in all I think was was a marvelous box full of hydration helpers for winter. The samples were all big enough for a few uses and I got to try out some new to me products and formulas. I can’t wait to fill you in on the spring box!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment