Friday, August 23, 2019

☕ McNulty's Tea & Coffee


I am always so grateful to live close to NYC. Any type of specialty shop you can imagine is only a short drive away, and I feel like there's always something new or a new-to-me neighborhood to discover. Greenwich Village is one of my favorite areas of the city, with a plethora of shops and restaurants filled with a cool, un-fussy, downtown vibe. 

As self-proclaimed coffee connoisseurs, David and I have been enjoying purchasing our coffee, and tea, at McNulty's, located on Christopher Street and a NYC institution since 1895. 

Upon stepping into McNulty's, it's like taking a step back in time. The old wooden floors, burlap sacks of coffee, jars of tea at every turn, the old-fashioned gold scale to precisely weigh your selections, and the best part, the aroma! 



McNulty's has a vast selection of the best coffees and teas from around the world and is such a fun experience. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and always has excellent suggestions - there's a reason they've been in business for 120+ years. If you're in town I recommend picking up a bag of your favorite blend, it makes an excellent souvenir or gift! They also sell online and ship worldwide.


Here's our usual order which lasts us about 2 weeks:
~1lb blend of 1/2 Colombian Supremo and 1/2 Kona-If you like really strong coffee without the bitter aftertaste I cannot recommend this blend enough.
~1 lb Kenyan coffee-This is the smoothest coffee I've ever tasted, but still has a high intensity.
~1/8 lb Japanese ceremonial matcha-David adds some to his morning espresso and loves it!

This particular visit we also tried 1/2 lb Jamaican Blue Mountain. Oh. My. Goodness! So smooth yet strong! Will definitely be purchasing more next time!

Do you have a go-to coffee or tea to get your morning caffeinated? Let me know down below, I love hearing from you! 

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

4 comments: