Monday, December 09, 2019

🎭 Holiday Theater Roundup 2019

Hi there and thanks for stopping by! 

It seems like the minute the fall leaves start changing, the calendar starts moving faster and faster. I'm trying to keep up enjoying all the fun things this season brings, such as holiday movies and hot cocoa nights, chilly walks with my pups, and turning our home into a festive cozy Christmas hideaway. And who can forget all of the really fun local theater offerings this time of year brings? 

We went a little crazy this year but honestly live performances are one of my favorite things to do. Here are the shows we went to/are going to this holiday season:






Great Russian Nutcracker at Raritan Valley Community College- Branchburg, NJ
My parents, David, and I went to see this the weekend of Thanksgiving and I can't think of a better way to kick off the Christmas season! No matter how many times I see the Nutcracker performed, each company does it a little different and that keeps it so fresh and exciting! This year we saw the Moscow Ballet perform it and it was over the top! Life-sized nesting dolls, puppets, and outrageous costumes kept us entertained the entire show. 






A Charlie Brown Christmas, Live on Stage at Count Basie Theater-Red Bank, NJ
This was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time! Charlie Brown Christmas is always one of my favorite holiday traditions, but it is brought to life on stage! It reminds us of such an important message too...the true meaning of Christmas. My parents, David, and I double dated to this show this past weekend and it was such a marvelous evening. (And we had such a fun late-night dinner at a classic Jersey diner afterwards, so fun!) 



Cinderella at Paper Mill Playhouse-Millburn, NJ
Coming up next weekend is one of my favorites from Roger and Hammerstein. Each song is better than the next, and while it might not be very Christmas-ish, the beautiful opulent costumes and message of hope and kindness is a wonderful theme no matter what time of year. I can't wait to sing along to all my faves "10 Minutes Ago", "The Prince is Giving a Ball", and "Impossible" to name a few. 



Disney's Fantasia Live in Concert-Philadelphia, PA
This will round out our holiday theater season the weekend of New Years. The Philadelphia Orchestra will provide the score of this 1940 classic while the movie plays on a large screen behind them. I'm so excited to see this because it's like the movie comes to life!

Supporting your local theater(s) is so important and a wonderful cause! All 4 of these tickets cost the same as one Broadway show, and the cast and crew work just as hard! Live performances are always such a fun date night, and one of my very favorite pastimes.

Have you seen any good shows lately? Let me know down below, I love hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment