Friday, January 03, 2020

🍽️ Ladies Who Lunch~Trap Rock Brewery



Hello and happy 2020! Ciao Bella is starting the year off with a new restaurant series, Ladies Who Lunch! I love trying out new restaurants for lunch during the week and thought these little reviews might be helpful for anyone living or travelling to the tri-state area. Today I wanted to share a visit to Trap Rock Brewery in Berkeley Heights, NJ.

Trap Rock was opened in 1997 as the first restaurant of Harvest Restaurant Group. They are a microbrewery that received an Excellent rating from the New York Times. They have a varied menu of everything from wings to sea scallops and a trip to Trap Rock is like stepping into an upscale ski chalet. They have outdoor dining when the weather is appropriate, and are always playing really fun music. It's a fun and funky vibe with really good food and playful cocktails (sorry I'm not a beer drinker!)

I visited with my Mom and we enjoyed a lovely afternoon. We sipped on some Prosecco and started with to-die-for warm cheddar onion biscuits and maple butter. I could've seriously polished off quite a few of these, haha. We then moved on to Cuban spring rolls, a fried chicken salad, and a Thanksgiving sandwich, all very good. 



We finished off our meal with a lemon curd tart that was garnished with matcha powder! It was light and delicious, one of my favorite desserts I've ever had.




If you're ever in the area and are looking for a solid, playful meal, I can't recommend Trap Rock enough. 




Do you have any favorite restaurants you'd care to share? Comment down below, I love hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

2 comments: