Friday, March 20, 2020

👩🏻‍🍳 Blueberry Muffins with Bisquick Substitute


Hi there and thanks for stopping by! Today I have one of my very favorite muffin recipes I've ever tried, using homemade Bisquick. My mom made these all the time growing up, they're low in sugar and only 120 calories a piece! 

I found an awesome substitute for Bisquick, subbing out real butter for the yucky trans fats in the boxed stuff. These are virtually foolproof, simply throw together a few basic ingredients that I bet you have on hand right now. And feel free to sub out the blueberries for any fresh, dried, or frozen fruit you have on hand.

Let's get baking!



Bisquick Substitute-
Ingredients-
2 tbsp melted butter
2 cups AP flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Method-
Mix everything with a fork in a bowl and use it cup for cup as a substitute for Bisquick!

Bisquick Blueberry Muffins-Courtesy of the Betty Crocker Website (Also found on the side of the Bisquick Box)
Ingredients-
2 c Bisquick
2/3 c milk
1/3 c sugar
1 egg
3/4 c fresh or frozen blueberries

Method-
Preheat oven to 400 and line or grease muffin tins
Stir all ingredients except blueberries just until moistened. Then gently fold in blueberries
Divide batter among cups and bake for 13-18 minutes, just until golden brown.

Whip up a batch and watch them disappear! If you give them a try let me know what you think down below, I love hearing from you. 

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment