Monday, March 09, 2020

šŸ‘° Michigan Wedding Weekend


Hi and thanks for stopping by! Today I’m sharing a recap of a weekend getaway to Chicago and Michigan that David and I went on to celebrate his best friend’s wedding!

David was already in Chicago for work so I flew in myself on Wednesday after dropping the dogs off at “camp”. We stayed at my fave, The Drake, and enjoyed a lovely glass of wine and view of the lake from the executive lounge. We had Giordano’s pizza for dinner (another fave) and called it a night. 

Stunning view from the Drake's executive lounge

The next day I tried the spa at the Four Seasons for a manicure and pedicure. I was sadly very disappointed for the price I paid ($110 plus gratuity). My nails were chipping the very next day and I felt my technician was very rushed and wasn't thorough enough for the price and prestige of a five-star hotel. 

David met me for lunch at Allium at the hotel and we finally had the chance to experience their famous homemade hot dogs. They were very good but again I didn't feel the $19 hot dog lived up to the hype. We tried the cheese lavosh bread as well which was fun but terribly messy to rip apart. The Four Seasons was also hosting a flower show called Fleurs de Villes and artists made flower "outfits". It was really fun to look around!

Cheese and basil Lavosh bread at Allium

Allium's famous homemade hot dog with all the fixings. 

My hubby enjoying lunch at Allium

Tea and lavender roses at Allium

Flower show at the 900 Michigan Shops

For dinner Thursday night
 we tried Mon Ami Gabi, and it did not disappoint. It’s a French restaurant that has another location in Las Vegas and David and I always have to eat there while we’re visiting. This one is in Lincoln Park and was excellent. We ordered some things to share and tried the mussels, baked goat cheese, French onion soup, steak frites, and of course profiteroles (because vacation calories don't count, right?). We topped it all off with some pink bubbly and enjoyed a romantic evening in Chicago.

Friday morning bright and early we picked up our rental car and headed out on the 3 hour drive to Grand Rapids (we lost an hour heading east). David was the best man and had lots of responsibilities that weekend, such as picking up the tuxes. That afternoon we checked in to our hotel, unpacked, and organized everything in our room where the groom and groomsmen would be getting ready, and then we headed to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Dinner was at Leo’s and the groom's mom and sister did a gorgeous job designing the tablescape. It was so nice to catch up with old friends and make some new ones. 

Delicious buttercream cake at the rehearsal dinner

Gorgeous nautical themed tablescape

Adorably personalized name cards!

David and I at the rehearsal dinner

The next day was the big one and we spent most of the day in our hotel suite with the guys getting ready, taking photos, and reminiscing. When the boys headed off on the trolley to the church I got myself ready and met them there for the main event!

The wedding was fabulous and we had so much fun dancing the night away. David’s toast went off without a hitch (phew!) and we had a really wonderful time celebrating his best friend and his new bride!

Best man and the groom!

The groom and his mom

Nick, his sister Mandi, and I

It's official!

David and I at the reception, we clean up well! ;-)

Sunday we all met up for a brunch at The Blue Water Grill, said our goodbyes, and headed back down to Chi-Town. 

We stopped for dinner at my favorite Polish buffet, The Red Apple, and checked into our hotel for a brief stay...our flight was at 5:30 am the next morning.

It was a wonderful wedding weekend full of love and lots of memories made. I just love weddings, they’re so romantic!

Have you been to any weddings lately that you care to share? Comment down below, I love hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment