Friday, June 05, 2020

๐ŸŒฎ Easy Weeknight Dinner~Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas


Why, hello there! Today I want to share a super simple take on chicken fajitas made in the crock pot that only takes about 10 minutes of prep. Set it and forget it and come back to the kitchen in the evening for a flavorful fiesta!

Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas~
Ingredients~
~4-5 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
~1 large onion, sliced in half moons
~2 bell peppers (I used a mix of red, orange, and yellow)
~1 packet of taco seasoning, or homemade mix~see below for my recipe

Method~
~Place all ingredients in crock pot. Set on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. 
~Before serving remove chicken and shred (I use 2 forks) and place back in crock pot, stirring everything together. 
~Serve with tortillas and all your favorite fajita accoutrements, ie~shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, guacamole, etc. Or, use it as a topping for an awesome salad. (Or nachos if you're feeling a little naughty, haha.)
~Enjoy!

A few notes~
~You can easily use a packet of taco seasoning, I prefer to make mine homemade because many packaged ones contain MSG.
My homemade blend-
Mix together in a bowl:
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper

~Also, a few of my family members, me included, get indigestion from cooked peppers, so I saute them on the side for those who would like some.

~While I'm prepping the chicken I also make sure to shred the cheese and get all the toppings prepped and put back in the fridge. Makes it so much easier when dinnertime rolls around!

~A note on bell peppers~ I recently learned that when looking at the bottom of a bell pepper if it has 3 bumps it's a male, and 4 it's a female. Female peppers have more seeds but are sweeter, so they're better for eating raw, while male peppers are better for cooking. Who knew?!?




Do you have a favorite dinner to make on busy nights? Let me know down below, I love hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ PS-A very happy birthday to my brother Gino tomorrow! Love ya little bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment