Monday, June 08, 2020

☮️ Meditation Monday~Box Breathing


Hi there and thanks for stopping by! More now than ever meditation has been an important part of my self-care routine.

I want to share an easy relaxation breathing technique called Box Breathing. It’s simple yet powerful, it’s goal is to bring your breathing back to a normal pattern when you’re stressed or feeling anxious. It can also clear your mind and give you something to focus on, I find it very helpful for times when I feel like my mind is running away from me. Navy SEALS actually are trained in this technique for when they are in “Fight or Flight” situations.

Here’s how to practice Box Breathing~

  1. Close your eyes and breath in through your nose while counting to 4 slowly.
  2. Hold your breath for 4.
  3. Slowly exhale through your mouth for 4 seconds.
  4. Hold again for 4.

You can repeat this process ideally for at least 3 cycles, or until you feel calm and refocused.

This is very beneficial for both mind and body, and can literally be practiced anytime, anywhere. I find it helpful to find a quiet place, and to place one hand on my heart and one on my belly to focus and feel the air coming in and out. I also try to relax as much of the rest of my body as possible while practicing this technique.

Try it for yourself the next time you’re feeling stressed and let me know what you think! Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment