Monday, September 21, 2020

🥗 Greek Salad Pita Pockets


Hi there and thanks for stopping by! Today’s a quick and simple recipe for handheld Greek salad! These pita pockets are stuffed with tasty and healthy ingredients, and are super easy to make. Let’s get cooking!

First things first, you’ll need grilled chicken. We like chicken breasts marinated in garlic, lemon, and Italian dressing. Living in a condo we don’t have a grill, but we have a cast iron grill pan and I love it. Grill up the chicken and slice.

Next, pita bread. I love Aldi’s pita. They come in a 4-pack and we cut them in half to make pockets and warm them up before stuffing them.

For the salad, I love chopped romaine, seedless cucumber, sliced black olives, red onion, and crumbled feta.

And last but not least, you’ll need tzatziki. My favorite recipe I’ve ever found is from Skinnytaste. It’s tangy and garlicky and creamy. Absolutely delish! The flavors develop the longer it sits in the fridge, so I like to make the tzatziki in the morning the same time I start marinating the chicken. Throw everything together and enjoy!

If you give these a try let me know what you think, I love hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

2 comments: