Friday, February 26, 2021

✝️ Lent 2021


Hi there and thanks for stopping by! Popping on here to share with you my focus for this Lenten season...

If you practice, we are a little over a week into Lent. This year giving up soda, or TV, or chocolate just didn't feel right. With a pandemic going on all around me, it feels like I've given up so much. Travel, musical theater, even going to a yoga class is now off limits. Instead I chose 2 words that I want to focus on: peace and simplicity. 

Peace~ Freedom from disturbance; tranquility. 

Simplicity~ The quality or condition of being plain or natural.

I'm hoping that if I focus on peace and simplicity for the next few weeks, it will manifest into a lifestyle that I can have for years to come. Life is so crazy it's easy to get caught up in the hamster wheel of every day, from politics, to social norms, to worrying about the future. I want to step away from that and take a deep breath and appreciate what I have and God's good all around me.

I invite you to harness as much peace and tranquility into your life as possible. Here's a few ideas of how to implement these 2 words into your everyday:

*Take stock of your relationships. Weed out the icky feeling ones, the toxic ones and, if that's not possible, create some boundaries. 

*Simplify your home. Do a thorough clean out of closets and drawers, donating things that no longer serve you.

*Clean out your phone. Delete unwanted photos and apps, and unsubscribe from email lists. It takes some time, but feels so refreshing.

*Meditate. Even doing a simple gratitude meditation of naming 3 things you're thankful for at the end of every night helps to center you for a peaceful sleep.

*Find joy in the little things. Some of the simplest joys we experience as humans are as little as that first sip of coffee in the morning, listening to nature when out on a walk, or even sharing a belly laugh with a friend. These are the things we take for granted when life gets too complicated.

I'd like to end today's post with one of my favorite prayers from St. Teresa of Avila:

"May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment