Monday, February 22, 2021

🍌 Nana Brown’s Banana Bread

Hi there and thanks for stopping by! Today I’m sharing with you a banana bread recipe that’s 4th generation!

This is my husband David’s maternal great-grandmother’s recipe and we thought it was lost forever until I found it in an old email folder from 2014. I was so excited I whipped one up immediately. It’s super simple to make and is such a great way to use up overripe bananas. 


Let’s get baking!

Banana Bread~
Ingredients~
3 overripe bananas
1 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 eggs, whisked
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c buttermilk (or you could use regular milk with a splash of white vinegar)
2 c AP flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Method~
Mash bananas until smooth.
Mix bananas, sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk in large bowl.
Add remaining dry ingredients and mix lightly just until combined (it’s ok if there’s a few lumps).
Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy!

I just love old family recipes. They’re tried and true and it’s so special when they’ve been passed down through generations.

Do you have a favorite family recipe? Share it with me down below, I love hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment